University of California, Irvine Health offers clear advantages for your career.
UC Irvine Health's commitment to excellence shows in the numerous awards and distinctions it has received, including:
- Honored by the Leapfrog Group with a safety grade of A, the highest score a hospital can achieve for patient safety and high-quality care.
- Ranked one of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report for 15 consecutive years, better than any other hospital in Orange County.
- The first university hospital in Southern California to receive the prestigious Magnet Recognition, the nation’s highest honor for nursing excellence. It was re-designated as a Magnet recognized hospital in 2013.
- UC Irvine Health is home to 100 of the “Best Doctors in America”, more than any other hospital in Orange County.
- Our Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center is the first in Orange County to be certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, the nation's preeminent healthcare standard-setting organization.
- The only Level I trauma center in Orange County that is fully verified as an Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons.
- Orange County’s most sophisticated Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for critically ill newborns.
- Orange County’s only high-risk perinatal and neonatal program.
- One of the first burn facilities in the nation and the only burn center in the region that has been verified by the American College of Surgeons and the American Burn Association.
- Home to the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Orange County’s only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and one of only 45 in the nation.
- Orange County’s most advanced neurosciences intensive care unit for treating patients with epilepsy, stroke, brain trauma, movement disorders, spinal injuries and other neurological problems.
- Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for its Heart Failure Program and Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center.
- UHC has ranked UC Irvine Health third in the nation in overall patient satisfaction (3rd of 103 full academic medical centers).